Re: Postgres VS Oracle - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Postgres VS Oracle
Date
Re: Postgres VS Oracle
List pgsql-advocacy
David,

First of all, it's considered very rude to cross-post to 5 different mailing
lists.  pgsql-advocacy is the right list for this question; please don't post
to more than one list at a time in the future.

> I am DBA for Oracle and beginner on Postgres. For an company in France, I
> must make a comparative study, between Postgres and Oracle. Can you send
> any useful document which can help me.
> Scalability ? Performance? Benchmark ? Availability ? Architecture ?
> Limitation : users, volumes ? Resouces needed ? Support ?
> Regards

You may not be aware, but we have a large French PostgreSQL community:
www.postgresqlfr.org

I know that Jean-Paul and Dimitri have experience in porting applications, so
you should probably contact them to get local help & information on comparing
the two DBMSes.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun