Re: We have Google Adwords Credit: How do we use it? - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: We have Google Adwords Credit: How do we use it?
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Mon, Jun 11, 2007 at 04:42:40PM -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:
> All,
>
> Google has generously given us $200 worth of credit for purchasing AdWords.
> This is part of an experiment in new ways to support open source projects.
> Yaaay Google!
>
> So, how do we want to use the credit?  I'm thinking that we want to discuss
> the *specific* words off-list so to avoid outbidding.  Who wants to be
> involved in this?

Not really on that, but a note: Make sure that the larger pg community
sites that use google adsense (archives (marc?) and pgadmin (dave) comes
readily to mind) filter these ads. People who made it to our archives don't
need extra links to go there, and we'd end up paying for no gain.

//Magnus