Re: New Lists? - Mailing list pgsql-www

From David Fetter
Subject Re: New Lists?
Date
Re: New Lists?  (Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com>)
Re: New Lists?  (Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim@CommandPrompt.com>)
List pgsql-www
On Wed, May 30, 2007 at 11:27:42AM +0300, Devrim G?ND?Z wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Tue, 2007-05-29 at 21:55 -0700, David Fetter wrote:
>
> > The kind people of the Tehran PUG would like to start an official
> > list.  How is this done.
>
> We need a "list administrator's" e-mail first, after someone asks
> for the list. Then, if noone objects, Marc creates the list in the
> form "pgsql-"COUNTRY_CODE_ISO-3166-STANDARD"-"The local word for
> 'General'"
>
> For example: pgsql-tr-genel, etc.
>
> But, *in my opinion*, the list administrator must either be a
> well-known person in the community or must be endorsed by a
> well-known person in the community. We must be sure that (s)he is
> among the PostgreSQL leaders in that country.

I like this idea, but I have questions about how we assess this.  We
have a sample of size comfortably less than 10 from all of the
People's Republic of China, and fewer still from Iran.  How do we know
whom we're talking to?

One way to define leadership is "those who step up and do the work."
It's always possible to revisit :)

> > and should we have a procedure on the web for getting this started?
>
> Yes, we should add the procedure to our web page, agreed.

:)

Cheers,
phone: +1 415 235 3778        AIM: dfetter666                             Skype: davidfetter

Remember to vote!
Consider donating to PostgreSQL: http://www.postgresql.org/about/donate