Re: New Lists? - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Subject Re: New Lists?
Date
List pgsql-www
Hi,

On Wed, 2007-05-30 at 11:02 -0700, David Fetter wrote:
> I like this idea, but I have questions about how we assess this.  We
> have a sample of size comfortably less than 10 from all of the
> People's Republic of China, and fewer still from Iran.  How do we know
> whom we're talking to?

How do you know that the people who ask you a list is really a
PostgreSQL guy? When I asked for a list for -tr (which is the first
country-specific list...) noone objected since people knew me.

"Endorsing by a known community member" is a good option, when there are
few people in that specific country.

... BTW, "leadership" does not meet the meaning that I wanted to say.
Ignore that part, please.

> One way to define leadership is "those who step up and do the work."
> It's always possible to revisit :)

Once we create the list, people from local community will ask for
updates whenever the list administrator cannot administrate the list any
longer.

--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ