Re: drupal.org MySQL database issues - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Jim C. Nasby
Subject Re: drupal.org MySQL database issues
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Going back on-list...

On Thu, May 17, 2007 at 08:38:44AM +0200, Gabriele Bartolini wrote:
> Jim C. Nasby ha scritto:
> >Another serious issue (at least in the US) is the relative lack of
> >PostgreSQL folks for permanent hire (ie: not contract). Is the situation
> >different in Italy?
> Unfortunately no. University either teach proprietary databases or
> MySQL.  I guess it is just a vicious circle. There cannot be an extended
> and diffused offer of DBA-related classes in the academic world about
> PostgreSQL, if the market is not well aware of its potential. That is at
> least the situation in Italy. I mostly it is due to ignorance (at least
> I hope it is just that).

It probably is. See my reply to Andrew about what we need to do to
change that. Though I don't know how many companies in Italy do
PostgreSQL training besides EnterpriseDB.
--
Jim C. Nasby, Database Architect                decibel@decibel.org