Re: drupal.org MySQL database issues - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Kevin Hunter
Subject Re: drupal.org MySQL database issues
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
> On Thu, May 17, 2007 at 08:38:44AM +0200, Gabriele Bartolini wrote:
>> Jim C. Nasby ha scritto:
>>> Another serious issue (at least in the US) is the relative lack of
>>> PostgreSQL folks for permanent hire (ie: not contract). Is the
>>> situation
>>> different in Italy?
>> Unfortunately no. University either teach proprietary databases or
>> MySQL.  I guess it is just a vicious circle. There cannot be an
>> extended
>> and diffused offer of DBA-related classes in the academic world about
>> PostgreSQL, if the market is not well aware of its potential. That
>> is at
>> least the situation in Italy. I mostly it is due to ignorance (at
>> least
>> I hope it is just that).
>
> It probably is. See my reply to Andrew about what we need to do to
> change that. Though I don't know how many companies in Italy do
> PostgreSQL training besides EnterpriseDB.

I know for fact that at least one college in the US teaches
PostgreSQL religiously.  Problem is, it's small.  Not sure how it'd
play in, but would it be couth to create a page of colleges/
universities that use PostgreSQL as their DB teaching platform?

Kevin