Re: drupal.org MySQL database issues - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Jim C. Nasby
Subject Re: drupal.org MySQL database issues
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Wed, May 16, 2007 at 09:42:36AM -0700, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> Jim C. Nasby wrote:

> >>As someone who has made a ton of money making Drupal work with
> >>PostgreSQL, I would note that Durpal is not fast on PostgreSQL out of
> >>the box. It needs help to get there.
> >>
> >>I don't know that they would be happy unless they had someone with Pg
> >>experience helping them.
> >
> >Is it the drupal code itself that's the issue or just a matter of tuning
> >PostgreSQL?
>
> Both. Obviously tuning postgresql is a big part but they have some odd
> query issues to deal with. And if they have *any* custom modules, oh boy.

Well, while they're in pain it sounds like a good time to get them
thinking about changing preferred databases as well as cleaning up some
of the code... I'm sure that if their preferred database was PostgreSQL
you'd be seeing more work. :)
--
Jim Nasby                                      decibel@decibel.org