Re: drupal.org MySQL database issues - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Jim C. Nasby
Subject Re: drupal.org MySQL database issues
Date
Re: drupal.org MySQL database issues  ("Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com>)
List pgsql-advocacy
On Wed, May 16, 2007 at 09:26:45AM -0700, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> John DeSoi wrote:
> >Maybe they could be convinced to use the "other" database supported by
> >Drupal :).
> >

> >http://drupal.org/node/144228
> >
> >What's the deal?
>
> As someone who has made a ton of money making Drupal work with
> PostgreSQL, I would note that Durpal is not fast on PostgreSQL out of
> the box. It needs help to get there.
>
> I don't know that they would be happy unless they had someone with Pg
> experience helping them.

Is it the drupal code itself that's the issue or just a matter of tuning
PostgreSQL?
--
Jim Nasby                                      decibel@decibel.org