Re: PQprepare question - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Michael Meskes
Subject Re: PQprepare question
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
On Fri, May 11, 2007 at 09:52:55AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> I'd vote that way if you haven't accepted it in the past.  Otherwise
> you'll need some kind of compromise for backward compatibility ...

In the past ecpg not only accepted "?" as placeholder but also created
it! This is what I was talking about, to not create those placeholders
anymore. As far as user supplied placehodlers are concerned I agree that
we need some backward compatibility. I think the best way is to
implement a command line option to enable the old behaviour.

Michael
--
Michael Meskes