Re: New idea for patch tracking - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: New idea for patch tracking
Date
Re: New idea for patch tracking  ("Andrew Dunstan" <andrew@dunslane.net>)
List pgsql-hackers
Dave Page wrote:

> [...]

I want create and maintain a web page that tracks where we are on each
8.3 patch, but have had not takers.

> > What I think we can do simply is to have our email software automatically
> > number emails submitted to the patches list that already don't have a
> > number.  This way, all followups, even if moved to the hackers list, would
> > maintain that patch number, and if an updated version is posted, the user
> > would keep the same number in the email subject.
>
> <snip tracker outline>
>
> Barring a few trivial details, that sounds almost identical to what I
> proposed.

Well, Andrew says everyone he talks to doesn't want it.  They want a
more comprehensive solution that goes from bug to patch.

-- Bruce Momjian  <bruce@momjian.us>          http://momjian.us EnterpriseDB
http://www.enterprisedb.com