Re: [HACKERS] Wild idea: 9.0? - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Robert Treat
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Wild idea: 9.0?
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Tuesday 24 April 2007 01:32, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> > > That would be just because you don't know the numbering scheme.  8.2 to
> > > 8.3 is considered "major" in these parts.  See
> > > http://www.postgresql.org/support/versioning
> >
> > Is that official policy? I don't see any mention of it in the docs.
>
> Are you somehow suggesting that our website isn't official? Where did you
> get that idea?

Website information can often be of a transient nature, with no history of
changes or even the existence of information. Documentation is a little more
permanent, and at least offers a record of agreement at a specific point in
time.

> As for inclusion in the docs I beleive we're still waiting for your
> patch...

We'll see  :-)

--
Robert Treat