Re: Remove warning about const qualifier - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Stefan Huehner
Subject Re: Remove warning about const qualifier
Date
List pgsql-patches
On Mon, Apr 16, 2007 at 02:51:55PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Kris Jurka <books@ejurka.com> writes:
> > The attached patch removes this warning:
> > encnames.c:511: warning: passing argument 1 of 'clean_encoding_name'
> > discards qualifiers from pointer target type
>
> Applied, but I've not seen that warning myself ... what compiler are
> you using exactly?

In general these warning turn up with either -Wwrite-strings (which find
"string" embedded in the source code with are assigned to char*
variables (or given as parameters). Or using -Wcast-qual for 'general'
discarding a const qualifier.

Regards,
Stefan