Re: plpgsql function question - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Andreas Kretschmer
Subject Re: plpgsql function question
Date
List pgsql-sql
Karthikeyan Sundaram <skarthi98@hotmail.com> schrieb:

>      Hi,
>
>         I am having a requirement here.
>
>         1) I need to write a plpgsql function where it takes the input
>      parameter of a structure of a table.

Because? To build this table? You can pass an ascii-text with the
table-definition and EXECUTE this string.

>         2) The table has 15 columns

Okay. And the problem is?

>         3) It does lots of validation based on the parameter and finally
>      returns an integer as output parameters

Okay. create function ... returns int as $$ ... return 1; end; $$
language plpgsql;

>        Q) How will I passe the table structure as as parameter

As i said, for instance as simple text and EXECUTE this.

>            2) Do I need to create a type?

No.

Andreas
"If I was god, I would recompile penguin with --enable-fly."    (unknow)