Re: Wrong increments of Sequence - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andreas Kretschmer
Subject Re: Wrong increments of Sequence
Date
List pgsql-general
RPK <rpk.general@gmail.com> schrieb:

> I have created a sequence with minimum value=1 and increment=1. But whenever
> I enter a record in a table and use nextval('seqstudentmaster') to insert
> new studentid, it is incremented by 20. How to set it to increment by 1?

Can you show us an example and the definition for the sequence? It is
possible that there are other connections to this database,
other transactions? You know, a ROLLBACK doesn't rollback the
sequence-increment?

Andreas
"If I was god, I would recompile penguin with --enable-fly."    (unknow)