Re: Joining the OSA - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Joining the OSA
Date
Re: Joining the OSA  (Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com>)
List pgsql-advocacy
Josh Berkus wrote:
> > My question remains: Who exactly would join and under what
> > membership class?
>
> The PostgreSQL Project, through SPI, as a "Community Member".

So, are we all prepared to do the following:

"""
Responsibilities of All Members

Membership, irrespective of membership class, also carries the responsibility
of publicly promoting the OSA and ensuring the good standing of OSA within the
open source community and industry at-large. All classes of members are
expected to meet the following criteria:

    • Express public support for the OSA and the OSA website. In support of
       this, all members are required to do the following:
           o Adding a "Member of OSA" mention to all press release boilerplate
           o Featuring the OSA logo and a link to the OSA website on your home page
           o Including the OSA member logo on printed collateral as appropriate
    • Agree to publicly promote OSA’s awareness campaigns, interoperability
       requirements, and any other OSA activities intended for the public.
    • Abide by OSA’s code of ethics.
    • Evangelize the OSA to new prospective members, including submitting
       nominations to the Board from time to time for those prospective members they
       feel meet these member criteria and are able and willing to add significant value
       to the Mission of the OSA.
    • Cross-promote and cross-link their respective communities’ web sites with that of
       the OSA, and with other OSA members.
    • Abide by all terms of membership, including those specific to their membership
       class described above.
"""

I think agreeing to such terms is unrealistic.

--
Peter Eisentraut