Re: Matrix (linear algebra) operations and types in PG? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andreas Kretschmer
Subject Re: Matrix (linear algebra) operations and types in PG?
Date
List pgsql-general
Webb Sprague <webb.sprague@gmail.com> schrieb:

> Hi all,
>
> This is just a random question/idea (I tried googling, but couldn't
> get an answer quickly):
>
> Has anyone written a library to effect linear algebra types and
> operations through Postgres?  E.G., convert a float 2-d array to a
> matrix, convert a float 1-d array to a vector, multiply them, take the
> matrix power, calculate eigenvalues, some easy functions for
> converting tables to matrices, etc.  This might be extremely useful to

Take a look at pl/r, http://www.joeconway.com/plr/. This is a interface
to R: http://www.r-project.org/
I'm not familiar with this, but i think, this may be helpful for you.

Andreas
"If I was god, I would recompile penguin with --enable-fly."    (unknow)