Re: Successful booth at Chemnitz (Germany) - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum
Subject Re: Successful booth at Chemnitz (Germany)
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Mon, 5 Mar 2007 11:27:10 +0100 (CET)
Tomka Gergely <gergely@tomka.hu> wrote:

> On Sun, 4 Mar 2007, Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum wrote:
>
> > the difference to Mysql, after this, the difference to Oracle. Other
> > topics are replication (master/master, master/slave), having PG running
>
> What is the "official" answer to these questions?

For Oracle: sure it is a competitor and has features we want to have.
In contrast you don't need a treasure chest and some people told us
that they are using PG a) for developing, cause you don't have to pay
license fees for every development system or b) they moved from Oracle
to PG and are happy now.

For Mysql: it's not a competitor, it's an open source software. Sure it
has disadvantages, but no software is perfect.

Kind regards

--
                Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum
 (Ferenc Mantfeld)