Re: PG Email Client - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Michelle Konzack
Subject Re: PG Email Client
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello Sim,

Am 2007-01-29 14:29:27, schrieb Sim Zacks:
> For example, instead of saving a copy of an email in 1 folder, the same
> email could be indexed to multiple folders. Current email clients mimic
> file cabinets too much in that the system considers an email to be a
> physical entity that can only be stored in one place. Searching for emails
> can also be done much faster with a database then with a traditional mail
> client approach.

Since some time I am coding an IMAP-Client which heavy search functionality
but Server based.  My base is Mutt (with GTK2 Interface), Courier-Imap,
PostgreSQL and Sieve.

The thing is currently in PreAlpha state (it works for me) with realy
limited functions,since I have excluded most thinks to reduce errors
while coding my stuff.

It is only a private Research Project but maybe some times...

Greetings
    Michelle Konzack
    Systemadministrator
    Tamay Dogan Network
    Debian GNU/Linux Consultant

                   50, rue de Soultz         MSM LinuxMichi
0033/6/61925193    67100 Strasbourg/France   IRC #Debian (irc.icq.com)

Attachment