Re: New feature request: FlashBack Query - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: New feature request: FlashBack Query
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Florian G. Pflug wrote:

> However, I just realized that doing this is much harder than I initially
> thought, because catalog access always happens with SnapshotNow, and
> e.g. "drop table" deletes datafiles at commit time, and not during vacuum.

Not to mention the likenesses of CLUSTER and TRUNCATE, which would need
to be taught how to keep the old datafiles for an additional week/hour.

What I don't understand is why people isn't working in improving
contrib/spi/timetravel.