Re: Error upgrading on W2K - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Error upgrading on W2K
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, Feb 21, 2007 at 12:11:07PM +0900, Paul Lambert wrote:
> I have postgres running on W2K, version 8.2.1 which I am upgrading to
> 8.2.3 but when I run the upgrade I get an error as follows:
>
> "The installer has encountered an unexpected error
> installing this package. This may indicate a problem with
> this package. The error code is 2803."
>
> The install seemed to continue fine after this point and when I check in
> psql I have 8.2.3 installed and the databases appear to be operational.
>
> Any thoughts on what the error might have been and if I need to check
> anything in particular to verify correct install?

Some googling on this (since it's a MSI error and not a pg one) shows
that it has something to do with files in use that cannot be replaced.
Normally it handles the pg files well, but try shutting down the service
before you upgrade. If you have any client services (including IIS)
running that's using the ODBC or libpq drivers, try shutting them down
as well.

Just to make sure you have all the files :)

//Magnus