Re: BUG #2998: Installation Failed due to Permissions - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: BUG #2998: Installation Failed due to Permissions
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Tue, Feb 13, 2007 at 05:22:01AM +0000, Michael wrote:

> Bug reference:      2998
> Logged by:          Michael
> Email address:      michael.chaim@gmail.com
> PostgreSQL version: 8.2.3
> Operating system:   Windows XP SP2
> Details:
>
> I tried installing but I get
>
> Failed to set permission on the installed files.
> Please see the logfile in 'C:/<install_path>\8.2\tmp\pgpem.log'.
>
> I am installing using my own admin account with full rights. Can you please
> help me to fix this?

did you check what's in the logfile?
Also, check  the permissinoso n the install path and all the way down -
full permissions for *your* account is required to set the permissions
(the service account only needs read on things except the data
directory)

//Magnus