Re: BUG #2993: The program "postgres" is needed by initdb but was not found ... - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: BUG #2993: The program "postgres" is needed by initdb but was not found ...
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Mon, Feb 12, 2007 at 09:08:11PM +0100, Filippo Toso wrote:
> Dear Magnus,
>
> > Can you check the permissions on your pgsql directory? If your account
> > only has permissions through the admin or power users group, you will
> > need to grant it explicit permissions (since it gives up admin and power
> > users when it starts)
> >
> > //Magnus
>
> The pgsql directory privileges are set to Everyone (Full Control).

Hmm. Bummer. I really thought that was it. Can you check the full
directory tree up to the root directory as well, to see if there's
someplace else there where the user couldn't get in withotu admin/pu?

//Magnus