Re: vcbuild - conditional regeneration - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: vcbuild - conditional regeneration
Date
List pgsql-patches
On Thu, Jan 11, 2007 at 10:36:11PM +0100, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> The attached patch changes vcbuild so the project and solution files are
> only regenerated if they are actually changed. This helps when you're
> developing in the Visual Studio GUI, because updating the files (even to
> the same contents) will cause a reload and re-parse of all the projects
> in the solution.
>
> As a bonus, it doesn't trash the project file if it for some reason
> aborts half-way through.
>
> The patch includes part of the previously sent patch about pthreads
> requirements, because they change the same area. Should be workable
> without the other one as well, so it's no problem applying just one of
> them if the other one is troublesome.

While reviewing this patch for conflicts that Neil reported (seems to
have something to do with my local CVS repository. I think I need to
switch back to using the network based CVS repo and just stop diffing
things when not connected or during travel), I found a case where this
simply breaks functionality completely.

So please ignore this patch compeltely.

//Magnus