Re: Problem with windows installer - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum
Subject Re: Problem with windows installer
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 04 Jan 2007 22:55:52 +0000
Dave Page <dpage@postgresql.org> wrote:

> Magnus Hagander wrote:
>
> > See the FAQ at http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faqs.FAQ_windows.html#3.3
> > (question 3.3).
>
> I discussed this briefly with Robert on IM yesterday - he told me the
> account was installer created. Without a PC at the time I couldn't look
> into it further :-(

We tried both, let the installer create the user (this works, he also
added the service part) and create the user manually (and let the
installer do the service part).

In any case the installer stops at initdb.

Bye

--             Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum
Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with your Microsoft product.(Ferenc Mantfeld)