Re: display temp table structure? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: display temp table structure?
Date
List pgsql-general
Limin Liu <limin@pumpkinnet.com> writes:
> If backend does not keep temp_table_name, this looks like somthing
> impossible to do (to me).  (I hope my question makes sense.)

The backend does keep a temp table name mapping, but it's hidden in an
internal data structure that there's no way to read out.

Rather than invent some way to make that mapping visible, I have been
thinking that it might be possible to dispense with the special mapping
altogether once we have schemas (which hopefully will happen for 7.2).
I am imagining that temp tables might become ordinary tables that live
in a per-backend schema.  I haven't tried to work out the details yet,
though.

            regards, tom lane