Re: Authentication trick - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From antongiulio05@gmail.com
Subject Re: Authentication trick
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
> > some commercial softwares use a trick to avoid copy of a db, license-crack, etc. They use generate a key -> "ID of
db-instance".For example, if you dump a db on other machine with postgres installed, this key will be different and so
applicationwill not start.

> PostgreSQL is not commercial, so there's no need for such artificial
> restrictions.

My application is commercial. It uses postgresql. I want include in my-app a "protection-trick" retrieving a some kind
of"unique system_identifier". Your pg_control file could be good, but it's a "data-file". How can I extract infos from
it?

Around same dir I have found these infos:

"myappdb" 20496 1663 3221455155 229682

Maybe are these the keys?

Thanks,
Giulio

P.S.: sorry, now post became OT for "jdbc".