pg_get_serial_sequence is inconsistent - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Frank Millman
Subject pg_get_serial_sequence is inconsistent
Date
Re: pg_get_serial_sequence is inconsistent  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
List pgsql-general
Hi all

I found the following post dated October 2004 -

au> writes:
> >> pg_get_serial_sequence() does dequoting/downcasing on its relation-name
> >> argument, but not on its column-name argument.
>
> > I presume the reason for that is that the first paramater can be
qualified:

> Right.  From a bare-functionality point of view there's nothing wrong
> with it, it just seems inconsistent and therefore likely to trip someone
> up in future.
>
> But it seems no one else cares, so I'll shut up about it ...

This inconsistency has just bitten me. Did anyone decide to fix it, or does
it still behave the same?

I am using 8.1.3. Apologies if this has been fixed in 8.2 - I could not find
anything in the Release Notes.

Thanks

Frank Millman