Re: On what we want to support: travel? - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Darcy Buskermolen
Subject Re: On what we want to support: travel?
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Thursday 26 October 2006 16:26, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Andrew Sullivan wrote:
> > I appreciate the views of those who are part of the funds group, and
> > I think it's excellent that they make their views known here, too.
> > But I'm a little concerned that the _only_ people we've heard from so
> > far are people who will be held responsible for disbursing the money.
> > Is no-one else in the community interested in this issue?
>
> It surprised me to notice that there appears to be no interest in
> funding developers.

I'd rather see it fund specific features rather than specific developers. In
the same way I think it would be acceptable for developers to make a propsal
to request funds to deal with specific todo's.

--

Darcy Buskermolen
The PostgreSQL company, Command Prompt Inc.