Re: 8.2 Release: need help digesting the - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: 8.2 Release: need help digesting the
Date
Re: 8.2 Release: need help digesting the  ("Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com>)
List pgsql-advocacy
Magnus Hagander wrote:
> > > I assume you mean releasenotes wording and not TODO, right?
> > >

> > > * On Win32, PostgreSQL will drop privileges when started,
> > permitting
> > > servers running from an administrative account
> > >
> > > Or something along that line?
> >
> > Sorry, yea, release notes.  Item added to Win32 section:
> >
> >         Drop privileges on startup so servers can be started from
> >         an administrative account (Magnus)
>
> I think you need to clearify that it's win32 onlyi.

We don't normally re-mention the section title for an item. I am hoping
"administrative" will be enough of a hint.  If we see confusion, we can
add Win32 later.

--
  Bruce Momjian   bruce@momjian.us