Re: transaction confusion - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Martijn van Oosterhout
Subject Re: transaction confusion
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sun, Sep 17, 2006 at 10:32:12AM +0200, Sim Zacks wrote:
> I have a function that deletes all the values in a table and then
> inserts the data again. If this function is run in 2 sessions at the
> same time then it populates it twice, giving me a unique value error,
> because one of the fields is supposed to be unique.

<snip>

> Does this make any sense?

Not overly much to me anyway. Could you provide some cut-and-paste
output from a psql session so we can see the actual commands you're
typing. It's possible the actual deletes and inserts are coded in a way
to cause a problem...

Hope this helps,
> From each according to his ability. To each according to his ability to litigate.

Attachment