Re: Getting a move on for 8.2 beta - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jim C. Nasby
Subject Re: Getting a move on for 8.2 beta
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Sep 02, 2006 at 09:26:36PM -0700, Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> >>Perhaps that's because nobody but you wanted it to go in.
> >
> >We got tons of people who wanted that.
>
> To further this, I didn't even know it was an issue. If it was only half
> an hour and it needed to be done, why wasn't it put out there?
>
> Thanks goes to Bruce for fixing it but I didn't know it was an issue, I
> have 5 C developers, if any of them could have done it -- then some
> communication is needed and I would have allocated someone to it.
>
> I am sure that is the case with others as well.
>
> I am not saying it is anyone's responsibility to speak up, but I can say
> had I known some help was needed (especially something so trivial) I
> would have gladly donated some time.

There's been talk in the past of having some kind of system that
automatically attempts to build things that are in the patch queue, both
as an initial sanity-check and as a means to detect when something
bit-rots... perhaps it's becoming worthwhile to set that up.