Re: berkley sockets - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Martijn van Oosterhout
Subject Re: berkley sockets
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, Sep 12, 2006 at 07:52:08PM -0400, J S B wrote:
> Hi,
> Just wondering if anyone has used Berkley sockets ever.
> I'm aiming at establishing a socket connection between my Postgres database
> server (using the shared objects that i dynamically load)
> and a Unix server.
> What would be the best thing to use for such a thing in Postgres scenario?

You mean you want to connect to a postgres database? For C you'd use
libpq, but it really depends on what language you're using. Or do you
want the server to connect somewhere, or what?

What exactly would you classify under "berkley sockets" anyway?

Have a nice day,
> From each according to his ability. To each according to his ability to litigate.

Attachment