Re: Buildfarm vs. Linux Distro classification - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Buildfarm vs. Linux Distro classification
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> The buildfarm script already seems to record various info such as
> "uname" output on-the-fly.  If we could get it to record compiler
> version ("gcc -v" is easy, but equivalent incantations for vendor
> compilers might be harder to find) and a few other facts on-the-fly,
> I think the instability of the platforms might not be that big a
> deal.

The configure script actually tries to get the compiler to put out a
version number, and you can see the result of that in config.log.

For other components, however, it seems impossible to get the version
numbers across platforms.

--
Peter Eisentraut