Re: CMD + PostgreSQL Kudos - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: CMD + PostgreSQL Kudos
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> Jeff Davis wrote:
> >On Fri, 2006-09-08 at 19:17 -0700, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> >>https://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?forum_id=610401
> >
> >I remember that SF.net was on PostgreSQL, then I thought they moved to
> >Oracle. Are they back on PostgreSQL now? Am I completely mistaken?
>
> I don't know much about the old stuff. I can tell you that they now run
> PostgreSQL 8.1.4.

They were running Postgres 7.2 back then and migrated to DB2 because IBM
gave licenses to them for free.  They made a press release out of this,
so you might be able to find it.  The free license term expired (or is
about to expire, not sure), so they came back and are very happy because
the current version of Postgres is just so much better than what 7.2
was.

They had migrated to Postgres from MySQL, around 2000/2001 I think, and
they made a lot of noise about it because Postgres was so much better.