Re: gBorg status? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Marc G. Fournier
Subject Re: gBorg status?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 4 Sep 2006, Dave Page wrote:

> My understanding is that Gborg is being recovered from backup as I type.
> I also understand that the delay was not caused by lack of backups or
> anything similarly scary, but simply by other priorities.

Yes, I have the backup uploaded right now, and doing 'recover procedures'
as I type this ... it will be up before I go to bed tonight ...

As for the 'other priorities' ... the delay was due to an insufficient
Internet connection to upload the backup ... we were waiting for our
Internet to be installed in our new location, and were using an
underpowered temporary connection in the interim ... that one was going to
tie up the connection for >40 hours ... once we were able to get the
backup server onto its 'permanent connection', the upload took ~5hrs ...

As I mentioned, am working on it right now ... will post a follow up once
she's back up live and needing to be tested ... she's also moving to one
of our 64bit servers, so should be a wee bit better performance wise ...

----