Re: BUG #1931: ILIKE and LIKE fails on Turkish locale - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Volkan YAZICI
Subject Re: BUG #1931: ILIKE and LIKE fails on Turkish locale
Date
Re: BUG #1931: ILIKE and LIKE fails on Turkish locale
List pgsql-bugs
On Sep 04 02:35, Tom Lane wrote:
> "Devrim GUNDUZ" <devrim@gunduz.org> writes:
> > Like the bug report that was submitted a few days ago,
> > http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-bugs/2005-09/msg00233.php
> > I have the same thing for Turkish locale.
>
> Would you confirm that this is fixed by my recent commit?

I've made some tests. [AFAICS, below results are applicable for all
latinN encodings.]

  Cluster Locale | client_encoding | upper() | lower() | ILIKE | ~*
 tr_TR.iso8859-9 |          LATIN5 |      OK |      OK |    OK |    OK
 tr_TR.iso8859-9 |            UTF8 |      OK |      OK |    OK |    OK
     tr_TR.UTF-8 |          LATIN5 |      OK |      OK |    OK | FAILS
     tr_TR.UTF-8 |            UTF8 |      OK |      OK |    OK | FAILS

Looks like regex code needs same modifications done to ILIKE command.

Regards.