Re: database bloat,non removovable rows, slow query etc... [RESOLVED] - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Matteo Sgalaberni
Subject Re: database bloat,non removovable rows, slow query etc... [RESOLVED]
Date
Re: database bloat,non removovable rows, slow query etc... [RESOLVED]
Re: database bloat,non removovable rows, slow query etc...
List pgsql-performance
On Fri, Sep 01, 2006 at 01:35:20PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Matteo Sgalaberni <sgala@sgala.com> writes:
> > Ok. I stopped all clients. No connections to this database.
>
> When you say "this database", do you mean the whole postmaster cluster,
> or just the one database?  Open transactions in other databases of the
> same cluster can be a problem.

AGH!!!! AGHR!!!

A my collegue JDBC application that stay in "idle intransaction" 24h/24h
(but in another database, non in the bloated-reported db...)!

I killed it now(jdbc app).

vacuumed full and PG have cleaned all!! So if I have a idle transaction in
one database of the cluster it "lock" vacuums of all databases of the cluster.

Good to know this...but why this behaviour? it'is lovely...:)

Tom , can you explain why?...

Thanks a lot!!

Matteo