Re: Installation of Postgres 7.1 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Martijn van Oosterhout
Subject Re: Installation of Postgres 7.1
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, Sep 01, 2006 at 01:57:03AM +0800, Jonathan Chocolate wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I am unable to install postgres 7.1.2 on my Ubuntu Linux Box. I am
> installing postgres 7.1.2 from source. I stopped at the process of invoking
> the "make" command.

Dear gods, that's an ancient version. You're not going to get a lot of
help fixing something that old, nearly 6 major releases ago.

In any case, you're definitly not going to get any help if you don't
provide any actual error messages.

> I have a 7.1.2 database with me and plan to replicate it to another box.
> Pg_dump reports and error while I was dumping.

What kind of errors? That version had no protection against XID
wraparounnd... (which would be catastrophic).

> My Linux Boxes are all Ubuntu.
>
> What can i do?

Install a newer version, say, 8.1.x?

Have a nice day,