Re: german speed benchmarks - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Stefan 'Kaishakunin' Schumacher
Subject Re: german speed benchmarks
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Also sprach mdean (mdean@xn1.com)
> Google Alert for: *mysql* *MySQL* wins database speed contest
> <http://weblog.infoworld.com/openresource/archives/2006/08/mysql_wins_data.html>
> InfoWorld - San Francisco,CA,USA
> The results are in, and *MySQL* came out on top. *...* From the
> announcement: "The DVD shop created by *MySQL* is the hands-down winner
> of the performance crown. *...*

There was at least one PG-Team lead by Alvar Freude, I guess he can
give more details.

However, that article gives no background about the contest and the
benchmark and how the results cam off, so it's more or less useless.

I didn't buy the c't issue where the final results where posted,
unfortunately I can't find them online.

--
PGP FPR: CF74 D5F2 4871 3E5C FFFE 0130 11F4 C41E B3FB AE33
--

Attachment