Re: [DOCS] New XML section for documentation - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: [DOCS] New XML section for documentation
Date
Re: [DOCS] New XML section for documentation  (David Fetter <david@fetter.org>)
List pgsql-hackers
David Fetter wrote:
> We claim SQL standard compliance,

No, we don't.  And SQL conformance doesn't require you to implement all
parts anyway.

> so since those are part of
> SQL:2003, we probably ought to mention them.  SQL/PSM is a
> programming language that lives inside the database, and DB2 and
> MySQL have it.  SQL/MED lets people talk to other data stores.
> SQL/OLB appears to be derived from equel, which we have as ecpg.
> SQL/Schemata contains the information schema.  SQL/JRT appears to
> bear some similarity to PL/Java and PL/J.

It's pretty useless to talk about stuff that we don't have yet.  The
point of the XML section is that we have a number of things, and users
are having trouble (understandably) fitting them together.

--
Peter Eisentraut