Re: 7.4 Development - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: 7.4 Development
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Tatsuo,

> > So, in short: 7.4 patching *could* stop later this year, but is more
> > likely to continue for some indefinite time beyond that.
>
> I thought the back patching policy is *three* versions before, not two
> versions since we are currently supporting 7.3.

Nope, 7.3 is being back-patched currently but there is no promise that that
patching will continue.   I think this is on our web page somewhere ...

i.e. we *promise* to patch at least two versions back, and may patch more
if we feel like it (or more accurately if someone sponsors it) but
patching versions older than 2 versions old is NOT guarenteed.

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun