Input Function (domain_in) Call - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Volkan YAZICI
Subject Input Function (domain_in) Call
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

I was using OidInputFunctionCall() to cast a basic type into a domain
type. But when I saw

/** As above, for I/O functions identified by OID.  These are only to be* used in seldom-executed code paths.  They are
notonly slow but leak* memory.*/

Datum
OidInputFunctionCall(Oid functionId, char *str,                    Oid typioparam, int32 typmod)

comment in backend/utils/fmgr/fmgr.c, I started to consider my decision.
Is this the right way to use domain_in() function? Which way would you
suggest? Or is there a totally different way to accomplish basic type to
domain transition?

Regards.