Re: Cannot connect though socket - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Richard Broersma Jr
Subject Re: Cannot connect though socket
Date
List pgsql-novice
> Hello there! I've checked using ps and the postmaster is not running
> with the -i option. Since I'm using init.d scripts, I could not find
> the line it calls the postmaster, and I'm not being able to connect to
> the link you provide, could you explain me how to change the startup
> it with -i option?

If that is the case, I would check your init config file:

/etc/conf.d/postgresql

This is where I set the variable to the -i option.

But, before you go to far with this, just for testing purposes why not change your pg_hba.conf
settings to:

"host    all     all     <the actual ipaddress of your client> 255.255.255.0     trust"

if you can't connect with this, then *maybe* something else is wrong.

Oh,  when you reply, don't forget to copy the list.  Other can also add additional and helpful
advice.

Regards,

Richard Broersma Jr.