Re: Connection limit and Superuser - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Martijn van Oosterhout
Subject Re: Connection limit and Superuser
Date
Re: Connection limit and Superuser  (Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net>)
Re: Connection limit and Superuser  (Rod Taylor <pg@rbt.ca>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jul 31, 2006 at 08:47:38AM -0400, Rod Taylor wrote:
> It appears that the superuser does not have connection limit
> enforcement. I think this should be changed.

So if some admin process goes awry and uses up all the connection
slots, how does the admin get in to see what's happening? If there's a
limit you're not really superuser, are you?

> Slony in particular does not need more than N connections but does
> require being a super user.

Maybe someone should look into enabling slony to not run as a
superuser?

Have a nice day,