Re: lastval exposes information that currval does not - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: lastval exposes information that currval does not
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Phil Frost wrote:
> What two things are there?

Well, the subject says "lastval exposes information that currval does
not" while you are talking about schema permissions.  I still don't
know what you're really after.  One of your posts stated that you have
repeatedly demonstrated ways to overcome some restriction, but there is
actually only one post that contains some SQL that seems to deal with
schemas.

> I think I've already proposed a solution:
> do the schema usage check at the same time as all the other
> permission checks.

This is an oversimplification, because the permission checks are all
done at different times.

> Alternately, document the behavior accurately.
> I've proposed text here too, but the revisions keep missing the
> point. What needs clarification?

I have interpreted your proposed revision as cynical, not as a serious
proposal.

--
Peter Eisentraut