Re: plPHP and plRuby - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: plPHP and plRuby
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> Josh Berkus wrote:
> >Neil,
> >
> >>(FWIW, I'd be fairly comfortable hacking on PL/Ruby, as I have some
> >>prior experience with Ruby and its C API.)
> >
> >Well, if you're willing to be a maintainer, that removes a major roadblock.
> >

> O.k. so we don't loose this. Do we want to work on PL/Ruby in core or not?

Side question -- is it plRuby or PL/Ruby?  We should be consistent.  I
just noticed the top-level README file has all the wrong names -- what
is "pl/c" for starters?  Or plPgsql?  We've _never_ used those names.

Also some time ago I convinced you that the actual name for the PHP
stuff was PL/php and you agreed.  Yet I see on the README the name
plPHP which manages to not get a single letter correctly capitalized!

I'll patch the README later, but consider this a call for future
consistency ...  (I'd like to know what do we call "pl/c" though.  It's
just C, right?)