Re: Three weeks left until feature freeze - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: Three weeks left until feature freeze
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> I'm afraid there's not much in the PL/Java type system that could be
> generalized and shared. Perhaps if we had other languages with very
> similar capabilities (like C# for instance) but even then I have some
> doubts. The good news in my opinion is that if PL/Java would make it to
> the core it could make a good reference implementation for other equally
> advanced language mappings.

What is the actual concern with having PL/Java in core, versus say PL/Perl?

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

> Regards,
> Thomas Hallgren

>        match

--   === The PostgreSQL Company: Command Prompt, Inc. ===
Sales/Support: +1.503.667.4564 || 24x7/Emergency: +1.800.492.2240  Providing the most comprehensive  PostgreSQL
solutionssince 1997            http://www.commandprompt.com/