Re: postgresql live-cd - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Robert Bernier
Subject Re: postgresql live-cd
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Wednesday 05 July 2006 17:47, Chris Browne wrote:
> pgsql@metro.cx (Koen Martens) writes:
> > I wish i had known this all, i would have never gotten in to this. I
> > put one of my employees on this, it has cost me money. Apparently,
> > there was no need for our effort afterall, so I basically wasted
> > money. Bit disappointed here. What a complete waste of time this has
> > been.
>
> Surely not...  It's a good thing to get fresh faces involved with
> this.

here here!

> A "nice to have" would be for there to be two CDs with somewhat
> varying intents.  If discussion over the last year means anything,
> there is a desire for there to be a FreeBSD-based "live CD," and if
> that emerges, it seems an excellent idea to have a choice of both a
> Linux-based option and a FreeBSD-based option.  Nothing wrong with
> that.

And I have the perfect candidate, Dru Lavigne. She just this week completed a multi install dvd where you can choose to
installeither FreeBSD, DragonFly, Open or Net BSD and that includes all the documentation for each distro AND the
latestmaterial for the BSDcertification initiative.

Why not ask her, she'll be at the conference this weekend?