Re: Fwd: Start up question about triggers - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Andrew Sullivan
Subject Re: Fwd: Start up question about triggers
Date
List pgsql-sql
On Tue, Jun 27, 2006 at 08:14:34AM -0400, Joe wrote:

> But with file-based log shipping (see
> http://linuxfinances.info/info/logshipping.html) one could write a Java
> app to control when the updates are applied.

Well, sure.  I mean, if you decide first, "I'll use Java," and then
start asking what problems you can solve, you can do anything ;-)  I
prefer the strategy whereby one asks what the problem is to be solved
first, then choose the technology.

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs@crankycanuck.ca
I remember when computers were frustrating because they *did* exactly what
you told them to.  That actually seems sort of quaint now.    --J.D. Baldwin