Re: Fwd: Start up question about triggers - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Andrew Sullivan
Subject Re: Fwd: Start up question about triggers
Date
List pgsql-sql
On Mon, Jun 26, 2006 at 04:59:26PM +0300, Forums @ Existanze wrote:
> Hello again,
>
> The problem is not tracking WHAT changed, this can be done, as we have
> discussed in this thread, the problem is how to replicate the necessary
> commands that will alter a mirror database to reflect what has been changed,
> sequencially and in the order that it has occurred.
>
> I you can find my first question (I can repost), you will see that this
> problem has arisen due of lack of proper design. This is a requirement that
> has just come into the picture and we have to find a solution for it.

Ah.  That was not, in fact, clear to me.  What is it about Slony that
doesn't solve this problem?  You've checked it out, right?
<http://www.slony.info> will get you there.

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs@crankycanuck.ca
If they don't do anything, we don't need their acronym.    --Josh Hamilton, on the US FEMA